Monday, April 10, 2006

Planes, trains, and historical sites

Seems that Queen Cassidy has surprised me with a trip to "oui oui" Paris! It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. I can't really complain since we've already done some serious damage with our credit cards and we've just arrived. I can't tell you how great it feels to soak my feet every night after our little excursions. We've visited museums, gardens and cathedrals--you name it, we've been there. It's like the woman has a built in battery pack and her entourage of friends are doing their best to catch up, bless their hearts. Our only incentives would be the cafes for authentic lattes and such...oh-la-la! I can't even begin to describe the delectable bakery goods, oh, and let's not forget the crispy, hot-out-of-the-oven BAGUETTES! Scrumptuous!

Descriptions of the pictures I've posted below:
Photos by moi

Shakespeare and Company (there's a long story about this, but I'll share for another day)
Shakespeare and Company (inside)
Louvre
Louvre at night
The fountain at the Jardin des Tuileries (artistic attempt in B&W)
Another image of the same fountain
Of course, the Jardin itself
The Notre Dame Cathedral
Finally, my favourite spot is the Les Deux Magots which have been a spot where many literary greats and artists have passed through...such as: Elsa Triolet, André Gide, Jean Giraudoux, Picasso, Fernand Léger, Prévert, Hemingway, Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, Voltaire...

Toodles,
Thaddeus Brighton
Personal Assistant Extraordinaire








No comments: